NEW YORK (AP) — Police say they’ve made an arrest in connection with a November hit-and-run that killed a New York City executive chef who was less than a month away from his wedding.
Police say 23-year-old Xavier Ward was arrested Tuesday on multiple charges. Authorities say Ward struck and killed 34-year-old Adrian Blanc in November before leaving the scene.
The New York Police Department says the vehicle was later found, but Ward was not arrested until Tuesday.
Blanc’s older brother, Agner, said his brother was an executive chef at Hill and Bay and was on his way home from work. According to his brother, Blanc was engaged to be married in December.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Nation's new aircraft carrier enters next phase at shipyard
- John Cynn claims World Series of Poker title, wins $8.8M VIEW
- U.S. Naval Academy: New hair rules don't apply to midshipmen
- Pussy Riot upstages Putin with protest that halts World Cup VIEW
- Arizona man arrested after trying to pull over troopers
It wasn’t immediately clear whether Ward has an attorney who could comment.