NEW YORK (AP) — Police in New York City say they’ve nabbed the culprit who outfitted a van with more than 50 speakers and blasted loud music late at night near the New York Mets’ stadium.
WNBC-TV reports (http://bit.ly/28IWrHC ) police received multiple noise complaints Saturday night in the Queens neighborhood of Willets Point, near Citi Field.
Police found the van and confiscated it.
Authorities say the van’s owner, Nelson Hidalgo, has been arrested on charges of criminal nuisance, unreasonable noise, unlawful assembly and other offenses. It wasn’t immediately known if Hidalgo has an attorney.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- You downloaded FaceApp. Here's what you've just done to your privacy.
- Nobel laureate from Iraq told Trump that ISIS killed her family. 'Where are they now?' he asked.
- Morning coffee results in $1,000 fine, expulsion from Venice
- An American woman and her boyfriend were exploring Canada. They were found dead on a highway.
- Plan to slow Western wildfires would clear strips of land
The NYPD tweeted out a picture of the van on Sunday.