NEW YORK (AP) — Police in New York City say they’ve nabbed the culprit who outfitted a van with more than 50 speakers and blasted loud music late at night near the New York Mets’ stadium.
WNBC-TV reports (http://bit.ly/28IWrHC ) police received multiple noise complaints Saturday night in the Queens neighborhood of Willets Point, near Citi Field.
Police found the van and confiscated it.
Authorities say the van’s owner, Nelson Hidalgo, has been arrested on charges of criminal nuisance, unreasonable noise, unlawful assembly and other offenses. It wasn’t immediately known if Hidalgo has an attorney.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- CNN's Acosta back at White House after judge's ruling VIEW
- Fire deaths rise to 71 ahead of Trump's California visit WATCH
- Homeless Samaritan tale raised $400K. Police say it's a lie
- Sheriff: California wildfire's death toll rises to 48 WATCH
- Inmate's last words: 'Is it supposed to feel like that?'
The NYPD tweeted out a picture of the van on Sunday.