NEW YORK (AP) — Police in New York City say they’ve nabbed the culprit who outfitted a van with more than 50 speakers and blasted loud music late at night near the New York Mets’ stadium.
WNBC-TV reports (http://bit.ly/28IWrHC ) police received multiple noise complaints Saturday night in the Queens neighborhood of Willets Point, near Citi Field.
Police found the van and confiscated it.
Authorities say the van’s owner, Nelson Hidalgo, has been arrested on charges of criminal nuisance, unreasonable noise, unlawful assembly and other offenses. It wasn’t immediately known if Hidalgo has an attorney.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Boeing 787 flight reaches 801 mph as a furious jet stream packs record-breaking speeds
- 'I ruined my life. I ruined my future': Two American wives of ISIS militants want to come home
- Intimidation, pressure and humiliation: Inside Trump’s two-year war on the investigations encircling him VIEW
- Smollett developments leave some baffled, others outraged
- US: Alabama woman who joined Islamic State is not a citizen
The NYPD tweeted out a picture of the van on Sunday.