NEW YORK (AP) — The New York Police Department is reviewing a video that appears to show officers using a stun gun on a pregnant teenager.
The incident occurred Feb. 10 as officers investigated a disturbance in a Bronx apartment building.
Phone video made by a man in the hallway shows the 17-year-old, surrounded by officers, screaming she’s pregnant amid a struggle and a popping sound, said to be the stun gun.
The teen told WNBC (http://bit.ly/2lPvcCf ) that her sister also informed officers of her pregnancy during the incident.
Most Read Stories
- ICE agents arrest man inside Oregon house without warrant
- Instant analysis: Three thoughts from the Seahawks' romp over the Giants at MetLife Stadium
- I-5’s Uncle Sam: 50 years and still ticked off near Chehalis
- Analysis | Three thoughts from No. 15 WSU's 28-0 win over Colorado
- Seahawks gain control of their emotions, and the ball, to finally break loose from Giants, 24-7
She said her doctor later determined that her fetus was unharmed. She displayed marks on her torso.
The NYPD, responding to a comment request Wednesday, said it was “aware of the incident” and it is “under internal review.”
Information from: WNBC-TV, http://www.nbcnewyork.com