NEW YORK (AP) — A complaint about a bad haircut escalated into a barbershop brawl that left the Bronx hairdresser with a broken elbow.
Witnesses told the New York Police Department that the 53-year-old barber refused to let the client leave after he refused to pay for the haircut.
Police say the client retaliated by hitting the barber with a brush.
The dispute escalated outside.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- US downs Chinese balloon, drawing a threat from China
- George Santos is accused of sexual harassment in his Capitol office
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Florida athletes could be required to submit their menstrual history to schools
- Metal detector hobbyist finds a 500-year-old pendant linked to Henry VIII
A second person hit the barber twice, and a third person struck him with a baseball bat.
All three suspects fled in a car with New Jersey plates.
WABC says the barber has since been fired.