NEW YORK (AP) — Police say a man was arrested after he apparently lost control of a small drone that crashed into the Empire State Building.
The drone hit the 40th floor of the 1,454-foot landmark skyscraper and then fell to a 35th floor landing at about 8 p.m. Thursday.
New York City police say the 29-year-old man went to the Manhattan building’s security to request his drone back, but the guards called police.
The man was arrested at the scene on charges of reckless endangerment and avigation in and over the city. His name was not immediately released.
Most Read Stories
- Retired Alabama cop on Roy Moore: ‘We were also told to ... make sure that he didn’t hang around the cheerleaders’
- A Washington syrah was named second best wine in the world
- Expect record-high temps, 'copious rain' in Seattle area as we head toward Thanksgiving VIEW
- Fake field goal? An errant challenge? Blame Pete Carroll for Seahawks' loss to Atlanta
- Bicyclist dies in hit-and-run crash in Sodo, police say