NEW YORK (AP) — Authorities say a construction worker is dead after falling three stories off scaffolding on a New York City building.
Police say the 58-year-old man was on a platform in Brooklyn around noon Sunday when he fell, suffering severe head trauma. The Daily News reports (http://nydn.us/2sEKn7j ) he was transported to a nearby hospital where he was pronounced dead.
Police say identification of the victim is being withheld pending family notification.
Onlooker Donald Campbell says he saw the man couldn’t move after hitting the ground.
Most Read Stories
- I-5’s Uncle Sam: 50 years and still ticked off near Chehalis
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Check out this new drone footage of the Bertha-dug Highway 99 tunnel WATCH
- Washington state’s new parental leave law could change workplace for moms — and dads
- Republicans going beyond hypocrisy with the national debt | Danny Westneat
A New York Buildings Department official says the accident is under investigation.