SYRACUSE, N.Y. (AP) — A New York woman has appealed her 300-year prison sentence for her role in sexually abusing six children, including two Amish girls she and her boyfriend kidnapped in 2014.
Nicole Vaisey filed the appeal in federal court in Syracuse on Wednesday, a day after 40-year-old Stephen Howells filed an appeal of his 580-year sentence.
Howells and the 26-year-old Vaisey were sentenced Dec. 17, seven months after pleading guilty to federal charges of conspiracy to sexually exploit minors.
Federal prosecutors say the couple’s victims were children ranging in age from 5 to 12. They included two Amish sisters, ages 7 and 12, who the couple abducted in August 2014 from a northern New York farm stand run by the girls’ family.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Northwest is in for a cold, stormy winter, NOAA predicts
- Soldier with 'Hitler mustache' is first to be thrown out of military after Capitol riot charges
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Sheriff says family on California hike died of extreme heat
- FBI: Remains found in Florida park ID'd as Brian Laundrie
The girls were released the next day.