CENTRAL ISLIP, N.Y. (AP) — A Long Island teacher’s assistant accused of luring a girl into his home and having sex with her has pleaded not guilty to rape and child endangerment charges.
Prosecutors say 27-year-old Marcus Johnson of Bay Shore High School raped the girl when she was 14 and 15.
The school district referred the case to Suffolk County police. It says the safety of students is its “paramount concern.”
Johnson’s attorney declined to comment outside court.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Iraq broils in dangerous 120-degree heat as power grid shuts down
- Trump says FBI searched estate in major escalation of probe
- Forest Service ‘legend’ among the four killed in McKinney fire
- Trump did flush ripped-up papers down toilets, photos in upcoming book reveal
- How the Inflation Reduction Act might impact you — and change the U.S.