ALBANY, N.Y. (AP) — The Department of Environmental Conservation is looking for volunteers for its “Campground Ambassador” program that helps introduce new campers to outdoor activities.
Campground Ambassadors will assist DEC campground staff in welcoming and assisting campers at DEC facilities in the Adirondacks and Catskills. They’ll help introduce new campers to nature activities, hiking and fishing.
Ambassadors will serve two to four weeks between July 1st and Labor Day and will be provided a campsite.
In the Catskills, participating campgrounds are Kenneth Wilson and North South Lake. In the Adirondacks, ambassadors will be at Cranberry Lake, Fish Creek-Rollins Pond, Moffitt Beach, Nicks Lake and Rogers Rock campgrounds.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- She moved to the opposite coast, but past catches up to Kavanaugh accuser
- Debunking 5 viral rumors about Christine Blasey Ford, Kavanaugh’s accuser
- Patti Davis: Why I don't recall all the details of my sexual assault
- 3 babies, 2 adults stabbed at home that police suspect was a ‘birth tourism’ site
- Democrats know of second Kavanaugh accuser, New Yorker magazine reports
Applications must be received by March 30.