ALBANY, N.Y. (AP) — The Department of Environmental Conservation is looking for volunteers for its “Campground Ambassador” program that helps introduce new campers to outdoor activities.
Campground Ambassadors will assist DEC campground staff in welcoming and assisting campers at DEC facilities in the Adirondacks and Catskills. They’ll help introduce new campers to nature activities, hiking and fishing.
Ambassadors will serve two to four weeks between July 1st and Labor Day and will be provided a campsite.
In the Catskills, participating campgrounds are Kenneth Wilson and North South Lake. In the Adirondacks, ambassadors will be at Cranberry Lake, Fish Creek-Rollins Pond, Moffitt Beach, Nicks Lake and Rogers Rock campgrounds.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Flamingo freezes on flight south, crashes onto Siberian road
- Americans, Canadians are warned not to eat romaine lettuce VIEW
- 'I believed we were going to die': An elevator in a Chicago skyscraper fell 84 floors, requiring a dramatic rescue of six people
- Anti-vaccination stronghold in North Carolina hit with state's worst chickenpox outbreak in 2 decades
- Homeless Samaritan tale raised $400K. Police say it's a lie
Applications must be received by March 30.