WHITESBORO, N.Y. (AP) — A central New York police officer killed in a crash of his patrol vehicle is also being remembered as a former firefighter.
According to the Observer-Dispatch , Assistant Fire Chief George Massarotti says Whitesboro Officer Kevin Crossley was a person who “would do anything” to help others.
Crossley was on duty when his vehicle collided with a pickup truck that was making a turn at around 8 p.m. Wednesday.
Crossley had been on the village police force for seven years.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Smollett developments leave some baffled, others outraged
- Obama quietly gives advice to 2020 Democrats, but no endorsement
- He threw away a napkin at a hockey game. It was used to charge him in a 1993 murder.
- Coalition of states sues Trump over national-emergency declaration to build border wall
- Sailor in iconic V-J Day Times Square kiss photo dies at 95
Information from: Observer-Dispatch, http://www.uticaod.com