SODUS, N.Y. (AP) — Police in upstate New York have arrested a man after finding the body of his 18-year-old girlfriend reported missing a week ago along with her 14-month-old son, who is still missing.
The Wayne County Sheriff’s Office said Thursday Selena Hidalgo-Calderon’s body was found in a bag in the woods behind a farm in Sodus where she reportedly had worked.
Her boyfriend, Everardo Reyes, was arrested on charges of tampering with physical evidence. Police say the child, Owen Hidalgo-Calderon, has not been found.
Information on Reyes’ lawyer was not immediately available.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- 5 things about COVID we still don't understand — at our peril
- Trump reportedly admitted taking Kim Jong Un letters from White House
- Trump’s troubles worsen: 6 legal landmines facing the ex-president
- Daylight saving ends soon. Wait, didn't lawmakers vote to end this?
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
Rebecca Fuentes of the Workers’ Center of Central New York told the Rochester Democrat and Chronicle that Hidalgo-Calderon was from Guatemala and was being deported. She says the mother was in the process of applying for asylum.
Information from: Rochester Democrat and Chronicle, http://www.democratandchronicle.com