EAST OTTO, N.Y. (AP) — Authorities in upstate New York have found the body of a California man who was reported missing earlier this month.
Cattaraugus (kat-uh-RAW’-gus) County officials say they found Rudy Ray Rockett Sr. in East Otto on Saturday night. Rudy Ray Rockett Jr., the son of the missing man, confirmed Sunday that the body found was his father and that police called him to inform him of his father’s death.
The 64-year-old man was last seen in Ransomville, New York, on April 29. He was scheduled to fly out of Buffalo Niagara International Airport that night but did not show up to make his flight.
Rockett’s stepson is alleged to be the last person seen with his stepfather.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Where you're most likely to catch COVID: New study highlights high-risk locations
- Reporter is hit by car on air, striking a nerve with TV journalists
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Last straw: Fed-up Arizona Democrats censure Sen. Sinema
- A single word sparks a crossfire between the Supreme Court, NPR and its star reporter Nina Totenberg
The stepson is currently being held in an area jail on a weapons charge.