NEW YORK (AP) — New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo says people who absolutely have to go to work during the snowstorm face an “ugly, long commute.”
Cuomo said Thursday on NY1 that roads are “terrible” in New York City, suburban Long Island and Westchester County — and will continue to deteriorate throughout the day.
Cuomo noted that the snow, wind and biting cold are an especially bad combination.
The Metropolitan Transportation Authority said weather-related problems were causing some transit delays.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- A Chicago man died after the family took him off life support. Then he walked through the door.
- As he plans July Fourth gala, Trump still owes $7 million in inauguration costs to D.C.
- Court's conservatives overturn precedent; liberals ask 'which cases the court will overrule next'
- Severed head of prehistoric wolf found in Siberia, perfectly preserved
- U.S. buries digital land mines to menace Russia’s power grid
Extra snowplows have been brought to the New York City area from upstate.