WICHITA, Kan. (AP) — The prince in the “Nutcracker” had a special present for his favorite ballerina during a performance of the holiday classic in Kansas.
The Wichita Eagle reports that Allison Evans was playing the Dewdrop Fairy in the Metropolitan Ballet production Sunday in Wichita when her boyfriend, Dalton Rupp-Meinert, dropped to one knee and proposed. The moment was captured on video .
Even though he’d never danced ballet in his life, Rupp-Meinert broached the idea with choreographer Jill Landrith before rehearsals began this summer. They hatched a plan to make him the prince. Evans says she thought the decision was “hilarious.”
Rupp-Meinert says the thing that made him the most nervous was remembering the choreography, not the proposal. The crowd included about 40 to 50 of their relatives and friends.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Claims of shoddy production draw scrutiny to a second Boeing jet
- Easter Sunday bomb blasts kill more than 200 in Sri Lanka VIEW
- Sanders goes on offensive defending credibility after report
- Democrats subpoena Mueller report amid calls for impeachment
- In yogurt world, the Greeks are down, Vikings are up
Information from: The Wichita (Kan.) Eagle, http://www.kansas.com