NEWNAN, Ga. (AP) — Authorities in Georgia say a nursing assistant intentionally broke the leg of a 98-year-old woman, who later died during surgery.
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution reports (http://on-ajc.com/2qVSfzT ) that 43-year-old Hakim Ogunkele was arrested Thursday after authorities determined he broke Edna Warren’s leg. Georgia Bureau of Investigation spokeswoman Nelly Miles says Ogunkele was a certified nursing assistant at Newnan Health and Rehabilitation center, south of Atlanta.
Miles says Warren was taken to Piedmont Newnan Hospital, where she died during emergency surgery.
Ogunkele faces charges of aggravated battery and exploitation and intimidation of an elderly person.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Aide: Trump dismissed Jan. 6 threats, wanted to join crowd
- Ghislaine Maxwell sentenced to 20 years for helping Epstein
- Ocasio-Cortez wants 2 justices impeached for ‘lying under oath’
- Trump tried to strangle Secret Service agent in attempt to reach Capitol on Jan. 6, aide testifies
- The story behind AP report that caused Trump to throw lunch
He was taken to the Coweta County jail. It’s unclear if he has a lawyer.
No further details have been released.
Information from: The Atlanta Journal-Constitution, http://www.ajc.com