NEWARK, N.J. (AP) — A nurse at a New Jersey hospital was stabbed just steps away from her workplace’s emergency room.
Police in Newark tell WPVI-TV the nurse at University Hospital was walking to her car around 7:45 p.m. Sunday when a man approached her and tried to rob her.
They say he stabbed the woman, in her late 60s, before fleeing.
Police say she was able to stumble into the hospital’s emergency room, where she was rushed into surgery.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Author Salman Rushdie stabbed on lecture stage in New York
- A child abductee's journey back
- FBI seized top secret documents in Trump estate search
- Anne Heche, TV, film and stage actor, dies at 53 from injuries sustained in L.A. car crash
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
Her condition was not released.