GREEN BAY, Wis. (AP) — A man accused of driving drunk and killing a mother and daughter walking along a road in Brown County has pleaded not guilty to criminal charges.
David Meyer entered the plea to four charges in court Tuesday. Forty-four-year-old Rebecca Pennenberg and her 18-year-old daughter Raelia were walking along French Road in Lawrence Aug. 17 when they were struck and killed.
WLUK -TV reports Meyer told police he was heading home from a golf outing at the time. Court documents say Meyer’s blood alcohol content was .21, more than twice the legal limit for driving. Charges against Meyer include homicide by intoxicated use of a vehicle.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Trump’s shifting explanations follow a familiar playbook
- In America's fastest-growing metro, a rising fear water will run out
- The coming California megastorm
- Anne Heche, TV, film and stage actor, dies at 53 from injuries sustained in L.A. car crash
- Trump executive nears plea deal with Manhattan prosecutors
Information from: WLUK-TV, http://www.fox11online.com