KELLOGG, Idaho (AP) — A school district in northern Idaho has sent its staff and students home due to a flu outbreak.
Officials say Kellogg School District has been closed since Wednesday and won’t open until Monday. Cleaning staffers will spend the next few days to deep clean all of the facilities.
This is the second school in northern Idaho to cancel classes recently because of the high outbreak of flu cases
State health officials say widespread flu cases are being reported in Idaho.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Flamingo freezes on flight south, crashes onto Siberian road
- 'I believed we were going to die': An elevator in a Chicago skyscraper fell 84 floors, requiring a dramatic rescue of six people
- Anti-vaccination stronghold in North Carolina hit with state's worst chickenpox outbreak in 2 decades
- Homeless Samaritan tale raised $400K. Police say it's a lie
- Couple killed in crash driving to their wedding
So far, 23 people in Idaho have died from the flu. This time last year, 13 people in Idaho had died from the flu