KELLOGG, Idaho (AP) — A school district in northern Idaho has sent its staff and students home due to a flu outbreak.
Officials say Kellogg School District has been closed since Wednesday and won’t open until Monday. Cleaning staffers will spend the next few days to deep clean all of the facilities.
This is the second school in northern Idaho to cancel classes recently because of the high outbreak of flu cases
State health officials say widespread flu cases are being reported in Idaho.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Trump tests presidential power, declares emergency at border WATCH
- Unclaimed $1.5B prize: South Carolina could be big loser too
- High-tech degrees and the price of an avocado: The data New York gave to Amazon
- Hungry bear goes for ride after getting stuck on trash truck
- Woman finds tiger in house, tells dispatch: 'I'm not lying' WATCH
So far, 23 people in Idaho have died from the flu. This time last year, 13 people in Idaho had died from the flu