KELLOGG, Idaho (AP) — A school district in northern Idaho has sent its staff and students home due to a flu outbreak.
Officials say Kellogg School District has been closed since Wednesday and won’t open until Monday. Cleaning staffers will spend the next few days to deep clean all of the facilities.
This is the second school in northern Idaho to cancel classes recently because of the high outbreak of flu cases
State health officials say widespread flu cases are being reported in Idaho.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Nation's new aircraft carrier enters next phase at shipyard
- John Cynn claims World Series of Poker title, wins $8.8M VIEW
- Trump's remarks about changing European culture draw ire WATCH
- Meet the brains behind the 'Trump Baby' balloon
- Arizona man arrested after trying to pull over troopers
So far, 23 people in Idaho have died from the flu. This time last year, 13 people in Idaho had died from the flu