KELLOGG, Idaho (AP) — A school district in northern Idaho has sent its staff and students home due to a flu outbreak.
Officials say Kellogg School District has been closed since Wednesday and won’t open until Monday. Cleaning staffers will spend the next few days to deep clean all of the facilities.
This is the second school in northern Idaho to cancel classes recently because of the high outbreak of flu cases
State health officials say widespread flu cases are being reported in Idaho.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- She moved to the opposite coast, but past catches up to Kavanaugh accuser
- As Senate hearing set for Kavanaugh, new accuser emerges VIEW
- Democrats know of second Kavanaugh accuser, New Yorker magazine reports
- Debunking 5 viral rumors about Christine Blasey Ford, Kavanaugh’s accuser
- Lindsey Graham: 'There's a bureaucratic coup going on' at FBI and Justice Department
So far, 23 people in Idaho have died from the flu. This time last year, 13 people in Idaho had died from the flu