RICHMOND, Va. (AP) — Gov. Ralph Northam is announcing that a Virginia cidery plans to double its production to meet demand for hard cider.
Northam’s office said Wednesday that Old Hill Cider in Rockingham County plans to spend $500,000 and create five new jobs.
The company plans to get all of its apples from Virginia.
The state has approved a $25,000 grant for the expansion, which the county said it will match.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- US downs Chinese balloon, drawing a threat from China
- Florida athletes could be required to submit their menstrual history to schools
- Should you be worried about infection from eye drops?
- Sorry, not sorry: Some 1/6 rioters change tune after apology
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events