NORTH LAS VEGAS, Nev. (AP) — Police are questioning the driver of a truck that fatally struck and dragged a pedestrian from a gas station parking lot to a freeway on-ramp in North Las Vegas.
Officer Aaron Patty said Friday the 36-year-old driver was located elsewhere on his delivery route and was cooperating with investigators.
Patty says the driver may not face criminal charges if the death is determined to be an accident.
Patty says the body of the unidentified man was dragged beneath the truck for about a half-mile (0.8 kilometer) before a passing motorist reported seeing it about 2 a.m. near busy Lake Mead Boulevard and Interstate 15.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Did you see that painting hanging behind Trump during ‘60 Minutes’ interview? Here's what we know about it
- This major discovery upends long-held theories about the Maya civilization
- Saudi government acknowledges Khashoggi was killed while visiting Saudi consulate
- If you win tonight's huge Mega Millions jackpot, here's what to do next
- Washington tops all states in anti-corruption ranking
Patty says it’s not clear if the driver knew the man who died had become entangled in the rear wheels of the truck.