CORINTH, Texas (AP) — Police say a college student was found shot to death inside a car off Interstate 35 in North Texas.
Corinth police say the body of 21-year-old Amanda Clairmont was found early Sunday morning. Police say her death is being investigated as a homicide.
Police said officers had stopped to check on the car after seeing it parked in a vacant lot along the highway service road.
University of North Texas officials have said she was a senior business major at the school, which is located in nearby Denton.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Inside the world of Buy Nothing, where dryer lint is a hot commodity
- Cheney’s consultants are given an ultimatum: Drop her, or be dropped
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Biden's critics hurl increasingly vulgar taunts
- Far-right anti-government group grows significantly, report says