BISMARCK, N.D. (AP) — North Dakota’s spring light goose hunting season gets underway later this week.
The state Game and Fish Department says the season opens Saturday and continues through May 13.
It’s open for light geese — snows, blues, and Ross’s. The season is closed to whitefronts, Canada geese, swans and all other migratory birds.
Game and Fish will provide hunters with migration updates once geese have entered the state. Hunters can access the department’s website or call 701-328-3697 to receive generalized locations of bird sightings in North Dakota until the season ends or geese have left the state.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Hundreds at vigils mourn victims of Branson boat accident WATCH
- Cohen secretly taped Trump discussing payment to Playboy model
- Oregon wheat farmers try to stop fire that's consuming crops VIEW
- As president-elect, Trump was shown classified evidence of Putin’s hand in 2016 meddling
- ‘You’re a daredevil girl!’ U.S. details Russian woman’s quest to sway NRA, GOP to do Moscow’s bidding