FARGO, N.D. (AP) — A North Dakota couple says they hope thousands of runners will be inspired by a tunnel of balloons honoring miscarried and stillborn children at the Fargo Marathon next month.
WDAY-TV reports that Heidi and Mike Greenwood have welcomed two children, Jules and Leni Jo, both of whom were stillborn.
The couple says they’re keeping their babies’ memory alive at the upcoming marathon with “The Angel Baby Mile.” The mile-long stretch will have a tunnel of over a hundred balloons with the names of babies who’ve died. The couple’s effort aims to bring awareness to miscarried and stillborn babies
Mike Greenwood says “The Angel Baby Mile” will give “a voice to the voiceless, so to speak.”
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- What to know about the fall equinox
- Jimmy Carter’s final chapter continues with peanut butter ice cream and an upcoming 99th birthday
- A toddler lost in the woods is found asleep using family dog as a pillow
- Mother gets 78-year prison term for killing daughters, 15 and 5, in Virginia
- Judge overseeing case to remove Trump from ballot agrees to order banning threats and intimidation
Information from: WDAY-TV, http://wday.com