GREENSBORO, N.C. (AP) — A North Carolina woman has been charged with murder after a teen died from a gunshot wound earlier his week.
Greensboro Police Chief Wayne Scott told local media that 27-year-old Channay Erika Morehead in the death of 16-year-old Sateria Zoe Fleming.
She was shot while walking on a street Monday night. Fleming died Tuesday.
Scott said investigators are trying to determine the relationship between Morehead and Fleming. It was not known if Morehead has a lawyer.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Harry and Meghan in exile? Palace reportedly eyes Africa move for couple — 'as far away as possible' from William
- Sri Lanka military gets special powers after deadly bombings VIEW
- Elusive red sprites, like glowing jellyfish in the night sky, photographed in Oklahoma
- Claims of shoddy production draw scrutiny to a second Boeing jet
- SpaceX suffers serious setback with crew capsule accident
Morehead was one of three people in a car that police chased and stopped Tuesday afternoon. One of the men who ran from the traffic stop, Courtney Tyreek Baskins, was shot and wounded by a Greensboro officer when police say he pulled a gun.
Baskins was in stable condition. The officer was not hurt.