GREENSBORO, N.C. (AP) — A North Carolina woman has been charged with murder after a teen died from a gunshot wound earlier his week.
Greensboro Police Chief Wayne Scott told local media that 27-year-old Channay Erika Morehead in the death of 16-year-old Sateria Zoe Fleming.
She was shot while walking on a street Monday night. Fleming died Tuesday.
Scott said investigators are trying to determine the relationship between Morehead and Fleming. It was not known if Morehead has a lawyer.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Did you see that painting hanging behind Trump during ‘60 Minutes’ interview? Here's what we know about it
- Mueller said ready to deliver key findings in his Trump probe
- America's most famous pimp, poised for elected office, dies
- Audio offers gruesome details of Khashoggi killing, Turkish official says
- Collins' husband: Ricin threat mentioned Kavanaugh vote
Morehead was one of three people in a car that police chased and stopped Tuesday afternoon. One of the men who ran from the traffic stop, Courtney Tyreek Baskins, was shot and wounded by a Greensboro officer when police say he pulled a gun.
Baskins was in stable condition. The officer was not hurt.