ROCKY MOUNT, N.C. (AP) — The North Carolina Highway Patrol has charged a woman in the death of a man after a traffic accident.
WITN-TV in Greenville reports the patrol said 43-year-old Leila Faranesh of Greenville is charged with misdemeanor death by motor vehicle in a wreck on U.S. 264 east of Bailey on Thursday.
According to troopers, the car Faranesh was driving ran off the road before it side-swiped another vehicle, which overturned and killed 46-year-old Ricky Stewart of Holly Springs.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Flamingo freezes on flight south, crashes onto Siberian road
- Americans, Canadians are warned not to eat romaine lettuce VIEW
- 'I believed we were going to die': An elevator in a Chicago skyscraper fell 84 floors, requiring a dramatic rescue of six people
- Anti-vaccination stronghold in North Carolina hit with state's worst chickenpox outbreak in 2 decades
- Homeless Samaritan tale raised $400K. Police say it's a lie
Information from: WITN-TV, http://www.witn.com/