ROCKY MOUNT, N.C. (AP) — The North Carolina Highway Patrol has charged a woman in the death of a man after a traffic accident.
WITN-TV in Greenville reports the patrol said 43-year-old Leila Faranesh of Greenville is charged with misdemeanor death by motor vehicle in a wreck on U.S. 264 east of Bailey on Thursday.
According to troopers, the car Faranesh was driving ran off the road before it side-swiped another vehicle, which overturned and killed 46-year-old Ricky Stewart of Holly Springs.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Boeing 787 flight reaches 801 mph as a furious jet stream packs record-breaking speeds
- Alec Baldwin wonders whether Trump's 'SNL' attack poses 'a threat to my safety'
- Intimidation, pressure and humiliation: Inside Trump’s two-year war on the investigations encircling him VIEW
- Smollett developments leave some baffled, others outraged
- Newspaper calls for KKK resurgence, schools rescind honors
Information from: WITN-TV, http://www.witn.com/