HIGH POINT, N.C. (AP) — Police say a North Carolina teenager charged in a fatal wreck last weekend is facing additional charges.
The High Point Enterprise reports police initially charged 19-year-old Dwight Gray Jr. with driving while consuming under the age of 21. A news release on Wednesday said Gray was also charged with two counts of involuntary manslaughter.
Two passengers inside the car Gray was driving last Saturday died when the car crashed into a tree.
According to police, the car Gray was driving on a local road crashed into a tree. Authorities say two Southwest Guilford High School students, 16-year-old Sami Faydi and 17-year-old Jacob Goeke, died in the crash. A third passenger in the car was injured.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Bezos lashes out at Biden over call for lowering of gas prices
- 6 dead, 30 hurt in shooting at Chicago-area July 4 parade
- 'Stay tuned' for new evidence against Trump in July hearings
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- 3 feet of rain sets up 4th round of flood misery for Sydney
Information from: High Point Enterprise, http://www.hpenews.com