RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) — Authorities have accused a North Carolina high school teacher of having sexual relations with a student.
Raleigh police told local media outlets that 24-year-old Joshua Sessoms is charged with statutory rape of a child 15 years old or under, statutory sex offense with a child 15 years old or under, indecent liberties with a student and felony sex act with a student.
Sessoms is a teacher and volunteer coach at Southern Nash High School, which he also attended. He played college football at North Carolina State University.
According to police, the incident occurred on Oct. 6 at a residence to which Sessoms was said to have brought the girl.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Where you're most likely to catch COVID: New study highlights high-risk locations
- Reporter is hit by car on air, striking a nerve with TV journalists
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- You had breakthrough COVID. Can you start living like it’s 2019?
- McConnell: Black people vote at similar rates to 'Americans'
Sessoms is in the Wake County jail on a $1.5 million bond. Online records don’t say whether he has an attorney.