LOUISBURG, N.C. (AP) — The manager of a North Carolina airport has died from injuries he suffered in a weekend plane crash.
Franklin County Clerk Kristen King said Monday that Steven Merritt of Cary has died from his injuries.
The plane Merritt was flying Saturday afternoon crashed into a field east of Louisburg. Investigators said there was a small fire on the plane after the crash but it was extinguished by fire crews.
Merritt had been manger of the county-owned Triangle North Executive Airport outside Louisburg since 2010. He was the only person on the Cessna 150C.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Jan. 6 panel calls surprise hearing to present new evidence
- Ocasio-Cortez wants 2 justices impeached for ‘lying under oath’
- Justices side with doctors convicted in pain pill schemes
- GOP lawmaker calls Roe ruling 'victory for white life' as Trump rally cheers
- Family dog dies protecting kids from mountain lion in Colorado
The National Transportation Safety Board is investigating the cause of the crash.