KENANSVILLE, N.C. (AP) — Authorities say the stepfather of a North Carolina teenager found shot to death in their home is now accused in her death.
WITN in Greenville reports court records in Duplin County say Lathan Thurman is charged with felony involuntary manslaughter in the death of Jessica Ramsey on Feb. 7. Ramsey was a senior at South Lenoir High School who was found with a gunshot wound to the head.
Two weeks ago, Duplin County Sheriff Blake Wallace announced that an investigation was complete and in the hands of the district attorney.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- New research hints at 4 factors that may increase chances of long COVID
- They had COVID-19 once. Then, they got it again.
- Rare eagle seen in Maine, wowing birders, might stay a bit
- Justice Breyer to retire, giving Biden first court pick
- CDC travel warning flags 5 Caribbean destinations as 'very high' risk for COVID-19
Information from: WITN-TV, http://www.witn.com/