BREVARD, N.C. (AP) — Sheriff’s deputies in North Carolina have arrested a man following a machete attack on an acquaintance.
The Asheville Citizen-Times reports the Transylvania County Sheriff’s Office says 30-year-old Dakota Ray Griffith is charged with assault with a deadly weapon inflicting serious injury after an incident on Sunday.
Griffith was arrested after deputies were dispatched to a report of an assault at about 6:45 p.m. on Asheville Highway in Transylvania County.
The sheriff’s office said on Monday that the unidentified victim received “substantial injuries” to his hand, but none was life threatening.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Homeless Samaritan tale raised $400K. Police say it's a lie
- Inmate's last words: 'Is it supposed to feel like that?'
- In Mississippi, GOP concern rises over U.S. Senate runoff
- CIA concludes Saudi crown prince ordered Khashoggi's assassination
- George Conway, husband of Trump aide, would rather 'move to Australia' than vote for president again
Griffith is being held in the Transylvania County jail under a $40,000 secured bond. His online record doesn’t say if he has an attorney.
Information from: The Asheville Citizen-Times, http://www.citizen-times.com