BREVARD, N.C. (AP) — Sheriff’s deputies in North Carolina have arrested a man following a machete attack on an acquaintance.
The Asheville Citizen-Times reports the Transylvania County Sheriff’s Office says 30-year-old Dakota Ray Griffith is charged with assault with a deadly weapon inflicting serious injury after an incident on Sunday.
Griffith was arrested after deputies were dispatched to a report of an assault at about 6:45 p.m. on Asheville Highway in Transylvania County.
The sheriff’s office said on Monday that the unidentified victim received “substantial injuries” to his hand, but none was life threatening.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Nation's new aircraft carrier enters next phase at shipyard
- John Cynn claims World Series of Poker title, wins $8.8M VIEW
- Trump's remarks about changing European culture draw ire WATCH
- Meet the brains behind the 'Trump Baby' balloon
- Arizona man arrested after trying to pull over troopers
Griffith is being held in the Transylvania County jail under a $40,000 secured bond. His online record doesn’t say if he has an attorney.
Information from: The Asheville Citizen-Times, http://www.citizen-times.com