BREVARD, N.C. (AP) — Sheriff’s deputies in North Carolina have arrested a man following a machete attack on an acquaintance.
The Asheville Citizen-Times reports the Transylvania County Sheriff’s Office says 30-year-old Dakota Ray Griffith is charged with assault with a deadly weapon inflicting serious injury after an incident on Sunday.
Griffith was arrested after deputies were dispatched to a report of an assault at about 6:45 p.m. on Asheville Highway in Transylvania County.
The sheriff’s office said on Monday that the unidentified victim received “substantial injuries” to his hand, but none was life threatening.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Boeing 787 flight reaches 801 mph as a furious jet stream packs record-breaking speeds
- Man's shooting-range wedding proposal was right on target
- California parents of 13 plead guilty to torture, abuse VIEW
- In war, as with California wildfires, heroism lives next to horror
- Fire deaths rise to 71 ahead of Trump's California visit WATCH
Griffith is being held in the Transylvania County jail under a $40,000 secured bond. His online record doesn’t say if he has an attorney.
Information from: The Asheville Citizen-Times, http://www.citizen-times.com