KINSTON, N.C. (AP) — Authorities have arrested a North Carolina man for a January shooting death.
The Kinston Police Department told local media outlets that Carlos Earl Fields is charged in the Jan. 30 shooting of Alton McKnight, who was sitting in his car. According to police, Fields was in jail in Pitt County for unrelated charges when he was linked to the shooting.
Police said Fields is also charged with armed robbery in connection with the shooting.
The McKnight murder remains under investigation. Police didn’t say what new information led them to arrest Fields.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- White House attempts to clarify Trump's response to whether Russia is still targeting US elections
- Tale of sex, deception emerges about suspected Russian agent
- Trump says Air Force One to get red, white and blue makeover
- In India, summer heat could soon be unbearable — literally
- U.S. Naval Academy: New hair rules don't apply to midshipmen