KINSTON, N.C. (AP) — Authorities have arrested a North Carolina man for a January shooting death.
The Kinston Police Department told local media outlets that Carlos Earl Fields is charged in the Jan. 30 shooting of Alton McKnight, who was sitting in his car. According to police, Fields was in jail in Pitt County for unrelated charges when he was linked to the shooting.
Police said Fields is also charged with armed robbery in connection with the shooting.
The McKnight murder remains under investigation. Police didn’t say what new information led them to arrest Fields.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Species battle pits protected sea lions against fragile fish VIEW
- Austin bombing suspect had list of future targets
- Hundreds of dead cattle lead to California rancher's arrest
- Donald Trump Jr.’s wife reportedly found ‘sexy texts’ from Aubrey O’Day while he was in the shower
- Congress passes $1.3 trillion budget with little time to spare