ASHEVILLE, N.C. (AP) — A North Carolina man is accused of robbing another man of $5 at gunpoint.
The Asheville Citizen-Times reports 21-year-old Tristin Marquese Maewether was arrested Dec. 29 in connection with the Nov. 26 incident.
According to arrest warrants, Maewether is charged with conspiring with another man to commit robbery and breaking into an Asheville apartment with the intent to terrorize an occupant. He is accused of threatening to use a revolver while taking the $5 from the victim, leading to a robbery with a dangerous weapon charge. Warrants say he’s also charged with assault and battery for punching the victim in the face.
Maewether is also charged with resisting a public officer for attempting to evade arresting officers and simple possession of marijuana.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Hearing sets up dramatic showdown between Kavanaugh, accuser WATCH
- Trump Jr. mocks sexual assault claim against Kavanaugh
- Grizzly's rare aggressive attack kills 1, puzzles officials
- Noah's Ark except it's a school bus: Truck driver rescues 64 dogs and cats from floods of Hurricane Florence
- Soon-Yi Previn defends husband Woody Allen, attacks mother
It’s unclear if he has a lawyer.
Information from: The Asheville Citizen-Times, http://www.citizen-times.com