BEULAVILLE, N.C. (AP) — Authorities in North Carolina have charged a driver in a car crash that killed a 93-year-old woman.
WITN-TV in Greenville reports the North Carolina Highway Patrol says 37-year-old Rose Surcey of Beulaville is charged with misdemeanor death by motor vehicle and failure to yield.
According to the patrol, Eula Kennedy was riding in a car that was hit by an oncoming car that was trying to make a left turn near Beulaville on Friday. The car landed on its roof after impact.
The driver of the car Kennedy as riding in was taken to the hospital. The patrol said three children riding in Surcey’s car were also taken to the hospital.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Mueller reveals Trump's attempts to choke off Russia probe VIEW
- 3 climbers presumed dead after Banff avalanche
- District of Columbia houses homeless people in upscale apartments. It hasn't gone as planned.
- Here's the redacted Mueller report and what you need to know about it
- Key takeaways from Robert Mueller's Russia report VIEW
Information from: WITN-TV, http://www.witn.com/