BEULAVILLE, N.C. (AP) — Authorities in North Carolina have charged a driver in a car crash that killed a 93-year-old woman.
WITN-TV in Greenville reports the North Carolina Highway Patrol says 37-year-old Rose Surcey of Beulaville is charged with misdemeanor death by motor vehicle and failure to yield.
According to the patrol, Eula Kennedy was riding in a car that was hit by an oncoming car that was trying to make a left turn near Beulaville on Friday. The car landed on its roof after impact.
The driver of the car Kennedy as riding in was taken to the hospital. The patrol said three children riding in Surcey’s car were also taken to the hospital.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Smollett developments leave some baffled, others outraged
- Obama quietly gives advice to 2020 Democrats, but no endorsement
- He threw away a napkin at a hockey game. It was used to charge him in a 1993 murder.
- Coalition of states sues Trump over national-emergency declaration to build border wall
- Sailor in iconic V-J Day Times Square kiss photo dies at 95
Information from: WITN-TV, http://www.witn.com/