BEULAVILLE, N.C. (AP) — Authorities in North Carolina have charged a driver in a car crash that killed a 93-year-old woman.
WITN-TV in Greenville reports the North Carolina Highway Patrol says 37-year-old Rose Surcey of Beulaville is charged with misdemeanor death by motor vehicle and failure to yield.
According to the patrol, Eula Kennedy was riding in a car that was hit by an oncoming car that was trying to make a left turn near Beulaville on Friday. The car landed on its roof after impact.
The driver of the car Kennedy as riding in was taken to the hospital. The patrol said three children riding in Surcey’s car were also taken to the hospital.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- U.S. Navy submarine lost with all hands in World War II is found off Okinawa
- White House at war with itself even as it fights impeachment inquiry
- Donald Trump Jr. talk marked by anger over no Q&A
- Nikki Haley claims top aides tried to recruit her to 'save the country' by undermining Trump
- Child abusers run rampant as tech companies look the other way VIEW
Information from: WITN-TV, http://www.witn.com/