BEULAVILLE, N.C. (AP) — Authorities in North Carolina have charged a driver in a car crash that killed a 93-year-old woman.
WITN-TV in Greenville reports the North Carolina Highway Patrol says 37-year-old Rose Surcey of Beulaville is charged with misdemeanor death by motor vehicle and failure to yield.
According to the patrol, Eula Kennedy was riding in a car that was hit by an oncoming car that was trying to make a left turn near Beulaville on Friday. The car landed on its roof after impact.
The driver of the car Kennedy as riding in was taken to the hospital. The patrol said three children riding in Surcey’s car were also taken to the hospital.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Spokane-native astronaut Anne McClain is under investigation for alleged space crime
- American woman who gave birth as a Taliban hostage slowly reclaims life
- Trump's fake accent angers Asian Americans as they veer left
- Trump ordered U.S. companies to leave China; here's why they can’t.
- David Koch, billionaire and industrialist who funded conservatives, dies at 79 VIEW
Information from: WITN-TV, http://www.witn.com/