GREENVILLE, N.C. (AP) — Police have accused the director of a North Carolina day care of assaulting a child with a paint stir stick.
Greenville police told local news outlets that 47-year-old Shannon Jacobs is charged with misdemeanor assault on a child under 12.
An arrest warrant said Jacobs hit a 2-year-old twice with the stick on April 12. Police say Jacobs told the parents of the discipline, which left the boy with visible injuries on his left arm and left leg.
A statement from Trinity Christian School said the pastor and deacon board at Trinity Free Will Baptist Church decided to discontinue corporal discipline and rely on other disciplinary measures.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- FBI searched Trump's home in part to look for nuclear documents, sources say
- A child abductee's journey back
- Historians privately warn Biden that America's democracy is teetering
- A dog was missing. Cavers found her two months later 500 feet underground
- Man who tried to breach FBI office killed after standoff
Jacobs turned herself in at the magistrate’s office last Friday and is free on bond. It’s not known if she has an attorney.