SALISBURY, N.C. (AP) — Police in North Carolina have shot a man who they say robbed a bank and stabbed a person who tried to stop him from entering a store.
Salisbury police told local media outlets the man robbed a First National Bank branch and led officers on a chase to Thomasville, about 30 miles (136 km) away.
Authorities say the suspect left the car and tried to run into a hobby shop. The store owner tried to stop him from coming in, but the suspect stabbed that person multiple times. Police officers confronted the suspect, and after their stun guns failed to affect him, one of the officers shot him.
The suspect’s identity hasn’t been released.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- ‘I’m done saying I’m sorry,’ Alex Jones tells Sandy Hook families in court
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Daylight saving ends soon. Wait, didn't lawmakers vote to end this?
- Elton John, a favorite of Trump, performs at the Biden White House
- 10 tips for coexisting with COVID (and living a normal-ish life)