PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) — Portland police say no weapons were found at the scene where an officer shot and wounded a bank robbery suspect.
The agency said in a news release Thursday that the man’s clothing and a backpack still must be searched, and investigators were awaiting the approval of a search warrant.
The wounded man remains in serious condition at a Portland hospital. He is expected to survive.
Police say Officer Ryan Reagan fired multiple shots Wednesday when the man reached into his pocket instead of putting his hands in the air. Officers had been searching for a man who robbed a North Portland bank.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- How to find a quality mask (and avoid counterfeits)
- Popular TV anchor catches COVID for a second time: 'This virus is scary'
- Tonga volcano's eruption was so forceful, it may have helped clear Seattle's fog
- Here's the difference between N95 and KN95 masks, and how to spot a fake
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
The suspect’s name has not been released.