SPARKS, Nev. (AP) — A three-hour standoff has ended at a restaurant in Sparks where police thought a gunman had holed up.
Police shut down the streets around a Sizzler restaurant on East Prater Way at about 5:30 a.m. Wednesday shortly after a delivery man reported a suspect armed with a gun was destroying property inside.
A SWAT searched the building at about 9 a.m. and found no one.
A police spokesman says they believe the suspect probably fled the restaurant shortly after officers arrived on the scene.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Trump leads aggressive, all-out GOP drive to save Kavanaugh WATCH
- Kavanaugh’s yearbook page is ‘horrible, hurtful’ to a woman it named
- Coddling parents of Chinese college students stay close by in ‘tents of love’
- 'How'd you find me?': Kavanaugh friend Mark Judge has been holed up in a beach house amid media firestorm
- Cosby in cuffs: TV star gets 3 to 10 years for sex assault VIEW
Investigators are reviewing security video footage but the roads have reopened and they say there is no threat to public safety.