SPARKS, Nev. (AP) — A three-hour standoff has ended at a restaurant in Sparks where police thought a gunman had holed up.
Police shut down the streets around a Sizzler restaurant on East Prater Way at about 5:30 a.m. Wednesday shortly after a delivery man reported a suspect armed with a gun was destroying property inside.
A SWAT searched the building at about 9 a.m. and found no one.
A police spokesman says they believe the suspect probably fled the restaurant shortly after officers arrived on the scene.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Homeless Samaritan tale raised $400K. Police say it's a lie
- CNN's Acosta back at White House after judge's ruling VIEW
- Fire deaths rise to 71 ahead of Trump's California visit WATCH
- Inmate's last words: 'Is it supposed to feel like that?'
- CIA concludes Saudi crown prince ordered Khashoggi's assassination
Investigators are reviewing security video footage but the roads have reopened and they say there is no threat to public safety.