SPARKS, Nev. (AP) — A three-hour standoff has ended at a restaurant in Sparks where police thought a gunman had holed up.
Police shut down the streets around a Sizzler restaurant on East Prater Way at about 5:30 a.m. Wednesday shortly after a delivery man reported a suspect armed with a gun was destroying property inside.
A SWAT searched the building at about 9 a.m. and found no one.
A police spokesman says they believe the suspect probably fled the restaurant shortly after officers arrived on the scene.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- L.A. Times restaurant critic Jonathan Gold loved food and his city, was beloved by readers
- Portland woman swerves off cliff and survives 7 days trapped on a secluded California beach
- Why did a Russian pay $95M to buy Trump’s Palm Beach mansion?
- Documents used to wiretap Trump ex-adviser Carter Page disclosed
- Hundreds at vigils mourn victims of Branson boat accident WATCH
Investigators are reviewing security video footage but the roads have reopened and they say there is no threat to public safety.