SPARKS, Nev. (AP) — A three-hour standoff has ended at a restaurant in Sparks where police thought a gunman had holed up.
Police shut down the streets around a Sizzler restaurant on East Prater Way at about 5:30 a.m. Wednesday shortly after a delivery man reported a suspect armed with a gun was destroying property inside.
A SWAT searched the building at about 9 a.m. and found no one.
A police spokesman says they believe the suspect probably fled the restaurant shortly after officers arrived on the scene.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Boeing 787 flight reaches 801 mph as a furious jet stream packs record-breaking speeds
- 'I ruined my life. I ruined my future': Two American wives of ISIS militants want to come home
- Intimidation, pressure and humiliation: Inside Trump’s two-year war on the investigations encircling him VIEW
- Smollett developments leave some baffled, others outraged
- US: Alabama woman who joined Islamic State is not a citizen
Investigators are reviewing security video footage but the roads have reopened and they say there is no threat to public safety.