AMES, Iowa (AP) — Officials say a bus carrying the touring cast and crew of “Dancing with the Stars” was involved in a large pileup during a snow storm in central Iowa, but no one on the bus was seriously hurt.
Iowa State University says the Monday crash resulted in the cancellation of “Dancing with the Stars: Live! Light Up The Night” on the campus in Ames. The university says some people on the bus suffered minor injuries.
Actor and singer Jordan Fisher won the ABC dancing competition last year. He tweeted: “Thanking God for the safety of our crew. Thanks for the prayers and well-wishes.”
The Iowa State Patrol says the bus was involved in a 19-vehicle pileup that killed one person along Interstate 80 near Grinnell, about 60 miles (96 kilometers) southeast of Ames. Another pileup of between 50 and 70 vehicles along Interstate 35 near Ames also killed one person and critically injured several others.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Garbage from Washington state's booming pot industry clogs gutters, sewers and landfills
- Oatmeal, breakfast foods contain unsafe amounts of weedkiller, report says
- Was Smokey Bear wrong? How a beloved character may have helped fuel catastrophic fires
- A Pearl Jam poster depicting a dead President Trump draws controversy in Montana Senate race
- 'Queen of Soul' Aretha Franklin dies at 76 WATCH
This story has been corrected with new information from the Iowa State Patrol to show the tour bus was part of a pileup on I-80 near Grinnell, not a larger pileup on I-35 near Ames.