AMES, Iowa (AP) — Officials say a bus carrying the touring cast and crew of “Dancing with the Stars” was involved in a large pileup during a snow storm in central Iowa, but no one on the bus was seriously hurt.
Iowa State University says the Monday crash resulted in the cancellation of “Dancing with the Stars: Live! Light Up The Night” on the campus in Ames. The university says some people on the bus suffered minor injuries.
Actor and singer Jordan Fisher won the ABC dancing competition last year. He tweeted: “Thanking God for the safety of our crew. Thanks for the prayers and well-wishes.”
The Iowa State Patrol says the bus was involved in a 19-vehicle pileup that killed one person along Interstate 80 near Grinnell, about 60 miles (96 kilometers) southeast of Ames. Another pileup of between 50 and 70 vehicles along Interstate 35 near Ames also killed one person and critically injured several others.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- The princes, the president and the fortune seekers
- What is lava haze? A look at Hawaii's latest volcanic hazard VIEW
- Judge orders Vancouver, Wash., teen to start paying off $37M for starting Columbia Gorge wildfire
- A Staten Island man found a safe with cash in his backyard — then things got weird
- MH370 experts think they've finally solved the mystery of the doomed Malaysia Airlines flight
This story has been corrected with new information from the Iowa State Patrol to show the tour bus was part of a pileup on I-80 near Grinnell, not a larger pileup on I-35 near Ames.