WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. (AP) — A Florida judge has denied bond to a man accused of stealing a car with a baby inside.
Marquise Sharkear Hudson is accused of stealing a car parked with the engine running outside a West Palm Beach gas station early Tuesday. Police said he dropped the baby at another gas station several minutes later. The clerk told police Hudson shouted, “Take the baby!” before driving away.
The Palm Beach Post reports Judge Ted Booras denied Hudson bond on Thursday. He will remain in jail until his next hearing.
Deputies arrested Hudson after his mother recognized him in surveillance video and called the sheriff’s office. She told authorities her son had been “acting erratically.”
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- How to find a quality mask (and avoid counterfeits)
- They relied on rapid COVID tests to gather safely; now some wish they hadn't
- New sequence of images shows Tonga volcano's devastation
- Popular TV anchor catches COVID for a second time: 'This virus is scary'
- Tonga volcano's eruption was so forceful, it may have helped clear Seattle's fog
Jail records don’t list a lawyer for Hudson. He’s charged with kidnapping, grand theft and burglary.