NIAGARA FALLS, N.Y. (AP) — Niagara Falls is inviting married couples to re-tie the knot in a place already known as a honeymoon hotspot.
City promoters are putting together a Guinness World Records attempt at the largest marriage vow renewal ceremony.
Couples are asked to register on line for the June 23 ceremony. Organizers are hoping thousands of couples will take part.
The current record stands at 1,201 couples set by Western Michigan University in 2016.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Boeing 787 flight reaches 801 mph as a furious jet stream packs record-breaking speeds
- Man's shooting-range wedding proposal was right on target
- California parents of 13 plead guilty to torture, abuse VIEW
- In war, as with California wildfires, heroism lives next to horror
- Fire deaths rise to 71 ahead of Trump's California visit WATCH
The Seneca Niagara Resort & Casino is organizing the event with help from the region’s tourism agencies and will host a reception.
Niagara Falls is known to many as the “honeymoon capital of the world.”