NIAGARA FALLS, N.Y. (AP) — Niagara Falls is inviting married couples to re-tie the knot in a place already known as a honeymoon hotspot.
City promoters are putting together a Guinness World Records attempt at the largest marriage vow renewal ceremony.
Couples are asked to register on line for the June 23 ceremony. Organizers are hoping thousands of couples will take part.
The current record stands at 1,201 couples set by Western Michigan University in 2016.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Hearing sets up dramatic showdown between Kavanaugh, accuser WATCH
- Trump Jr. mocks sexual assault claim against Kavanaugh
- Noah's Ark except it's a school bus: Truck driver rescues 64 dogs and cats from floods of Hurricane Florence
- Grizzly's rare aggressive attack kills 1, puzzles officials
- Soon-Yi Previn defends husband Woody Allen, attacks mother
The Seneca Niagara Resort & Casino is organizing the event with help from the region’s tourism agencies and will host a reception.
Niagara Falls is known to many as the “honeymoon capital of the world.”