NEW YORK (AP) — The NFL has suspended New York Giants wide receiver Odell Beckham Jr. for one game for his conduct in Sunday’s loss to Carolina in which he drew three personal foul penalties.
Beckham would miss Sunday night’s game at Minnesota. He has the right to appeal the suspension that was announced Monday.
Beckham and Panthers cornerback Josh Norman tangled from the beginning of the Panthers’ 38-35 victory. At one point, Beckham delivered a diving helmet-to-helmet hit on Norman while blocking.
There was plenty of pushing, shoving, swinging, wrestling, late hits and trash talking between them.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Biden splits from Trudeau, extending travel curbs at U.S.-Canada land border
- 16 days to die at Pearl Harbor: Families weren't told about sailors trapped inside sunken battleship
- Trans model makes Sports Illustrated swimsuit cover history: 'If you don't like it, you can go somewhere else'
- A Grizzly Bear Terrorized a Man for Days in Alaska. The Coast Guard Saw His SOS.
- Should vaccinated people start wearing masks again?
The Giants (6-8) would lose their top offensive weapon for a game they almost certainly must win to remain in the NFC East race.
Beckham, the 2014 Offensive Rookie of the Year, has 91 catches for 1,396 yards and 13 touchdowns, tied for the league lead.
AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and www.twitter.com/AP_NFL