LOS ANGELES (AP) — A healthy baby with the umbilical cord still attached has been found abandoned in a stroller on a Los Angeles street.
KNBC-TV (http://bit.ly/1hizX3Z ) says local residents saw the stroller near a church south of downtown Monday night but thought it was empty. Police were only called Tuesday afternoon.
Police say the baby was examined at a hospital and is in good condition.
Investigators will try to find the mother.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- At Pentagon, fears grow that Trump will pull military into election unrest
- Trump taps 'eminently qualified' Barrett for Supreme Court WATCH
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Her words: Amy Coney Barrett on faith, precedent, abortion
- Thousands march in Washington to pray and show Trump support VIEW
Los Angeles County’s “Safe Surrender” law allows a parent or guardian to give up an infant at a hospital or fire station if the child is no more than three days old and shows no signs of abuse.
Information from: KNBC-TV, http://www.nbc4.tv/