LOS ANGELES (AP) — A healthy baby with the umbilical cord still attached has been found abandoned in a stroller on a Los Angeles street.
KNBC-TV (http://bit.ly/1hizX3Z ) says local residents saw the stroller near a church south of downtown Monday night but thought it was empty. Police were only called Tuesday afternoon.
Police say the baby was examined at a hospital and is in good condition.
Investigators will try to find the mother.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- FBI says it interviewed FedEx mass shooter last year
- 2 women busted for trying to use a $1M bill — at a Dollar General store
- Vaccine etiquette: A guide to politely navigating this new phase of the pandemic
- Beloved N.C. teacher's double life revealed after he dies in cartel robbery, sheriff says
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
Los Angeles County’s “Safe Surrender” law allows a parent or guardian to give up an infant at a hospital or fire station if the child is no more than three days old and shows no signs of abuse.
Information from: KNBC-TV, http://www.nbc4.tv/