LOS ANGELES (AP) — A healthy baby with the umbilical cord still attached has been found abandoned in a stroller on a Los Angeles street.
KNBC-TV (http://bit.ly/1hizX3Z ) says local residents saw the stroller near a church south of downtown Monday night but thought it was empty. Police were only called Tuesday afternoon.
Police say the baby was examined at a hospital and is in good condition.
Investigators will try to find the mother.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Inside the world of Buy Nothing, where dryer lint is a hot commodity
- Cheney’s consultants are given an ultimatum: Drop her, or be dropped
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Biden's critics hurl increasingly vulgar taunts
- Far-right anti-government group grows significantly, report says
Los Angeles County’s “Safe Surrender” law allows a parent or guardian to give up an infant at a hospital or fire station if the child is no more than three days old and shows no signs of abuse.
Information from: KNBC-TV, http://www.nbc4.tv/