KEARNEY, Neb. (AP) — Authorities say more than 41 pounds of drugs were found in the car of a New York City man arrested in south-central Nebraska.
The Nebraska State Patrol says 40-year-old Huan Lin was pulled over Tuesday for speeding on Interstate 80 near Kearney and then taken into custody for driving on a suspended license.
The patrol says an inventory search of Lin’s car uncovered 41 pounds (19 kilograms) of ketamine, which authorities say is an anesthetic abused for its hallucinogenic properties. The 617 vials’ street value was estimated at $617,000. The patrol says troopers also found marijuana and methamphetamine.
Lin’s charged with possession of a hazardous drug, three more possession counts and one for the suspended license. Court records don’t list the name of an attorney who could comment for him.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Nation's new aircraft carrier enters next phase at shipyard
- John Cynn claims World Series of Poker title, wins $8.8M VIEW
- Pussy Riot upstages Putin with protest that halts World Cup VIEW
- U.S. Naval Academy: New hair rules don't apply to midshipmen
- Arizona man arrested after trying to pull over troopers