KEARNEY, Neb. (AP) — Authorities say more than 41 pounds of drugs were found in the car of a New York City man arrested in south-central Nebraska.
The Nebraska State Patrol says 40-year-old Huan Lin was pulled over Tuesday for speeding on Interstate 80 near Kearney and then taken into custody for driving on a suspended license.
The patrol says an inventory search of Lin’s car uncovered 41 pounds (19 kilograms) of ketamine, which authorities say is an anesthetic abused for its hallucinogenic properties. The 617 vials’ street value was estimated at $617,000. The patrol says troopers also found marijuana and methamphetamine.
Lin’s charged with possession of a hazardous drug, three more possession counts and one for the suspended license. Court records don’t list the name of an attorney who could comment for him.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- She moved to the opposite coast, but past catches up to Kavanaugh accuser
- Debunking 5 viral rumors about Christine Blasey Ford, Kavanaugh’s accuser
- Patti Davis: Why I don't recall all the details of my sexual assault
- 3 babies, 2 adults stabbed at home that police suspect was a ‘birth tourism’ site
- Democrats know of second Kavanaugh accuser, New Yorker magazine reports