PORT JEFFERSON STATION, N.Y. (AP) — A Long Island woman is recovering after one of her ears was torn off as she tried to break up a fight between her dog and a neighbor’s two dogs.
Officials say two dogs ran out of a Port Jefferson Station home and attacked another dog Saturday night. Both owners tried to separate the dogs and suffered injuries.
Tracey Thomas, owner of the dog that was attacked, had her right ear torn off during the attack and remains in the hospital with multiple injuries. The other owner, Cheryl Hoctor, was also injured.
Neighbors are calling on town of Brookhaven officials to do something about Hoctor’s dogs, saying the animals are very aggressive. They’re signing a grievance with the town to have the dogs removed.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Federal judge in Texas rules Obama health-care law unconstitutional
- Interior Secretary Zinke resigns amid investigations
- George Conway calls Trump a liar after Kellyanne Conway defends president on TV
- 12-year-old in China kills his mother, then returns to school, igniting an outcry
- Mounting legal threats surround Trump as nearly every organization he has led is under investigation
Police haven’t made any arrests. Brookhaven officials are investigating.