PORT JEFFERSON STATION, N.Y. (AP) — A Long Island woman is recovering after one of her ears was torn off as she tried to break up a fight between her dog and a neighbor’s two dogs.
Officials say two dogs ran out of a Port Jefferson Station home and attacked another dog Saturday night. Both owners tried to separate the dogs and suffered injuries.
Tracey Thomas, owner of the dog that was attacked, had her right ear torn off during the attack and remains in the hospital with multiple injuries. The other owner, Cheryl Hoctor, was also injured.
Neighbors are calling on town of Brookhaven officials to do something about Hoctor’s dogs, saying the animals are very aggressive. They’re signing a grievance with the town to have the dogs removed.
Most Read Stories
- Drinking alcohol key to living past 90, study says
- Seattle federal prosecutor Thomas Wales was possibly killed by hired gunman, FBI official says
- Seattle-area's cold snap to last with spring still a month away, weather service says
- Unlimited movie-theater deal could be too good to survive
- All of Seattle’s public high school students to get unlimited ORCA passes under new Durkan plan WATCH
Police haven’t made any arrests. Brookhaven officials are investigating.