PORT JEFFERSON STATION, N.Y. (AP) — A Long Island woman is recovering after one of her ears was torn off as she tried to break up a fight between her dog and a neighbor’s two dogs.
Officials say two dogs ran out of a Port Jefferson Station home and attacked another dog Saturday night. Both owners tried to separate the dogs and suffered injuries.
Tracey Thomas, owner of the dog that was attacked, had her right ear torn off during the attack and remains in the hospital with multiple injuries. The other owner, Cheryl Hoctor, was also injured.
Neighbors are calling on town of Brookhaven officials to do something about Hoctor’s dogs, saying the animals are very aggressive. They’re signing a grievance with the town to have the dogs removed.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Hearing sets up dramatic showdown between Kavanaugh, accuser WATCH
- Trump Jr. mocks sexual assault claim against Kavanaugh
- Grizzly's rare aggressive attack kills 1, puzzles officials
- Noah's Ark except it's a school bus: Truck driver rescues 64 dogs and cats from floods of Hurricane Florence
- Soon-Yi Previn defends husband Woody Allen, attacks mother
Police haven’t made any arrests. Brookhaven officials are investigating.