PORT JEFFERSON STATION, N.Y. (AP) — A Long Island woman is recovering after one of her ears was torn off as she tried to break up a fight between her dog and a neighbor’s two dogs.
Officials say two dogs ran out of a Port Jefferson Station home and attacked another dog Saturday night. Both owners tried to separate the dogs and suffered injuries.
Tracey Thomas, owner of the dog that was attacked, had her right ear torn off during the attack and remains in the hospital with multiple injuries. The other owner, Cheryl Hoctor, was also injured.
Neighbors are calling on town of Brookhaven officials to do something about Hoctor’s dogs, saying the animals are very aggressive. They’re signing a grievance with the town to have the dogs removed.
Most Read Stories
- Seattle’s income tax on the wealthy is illegal, judge rules
- Analysis: Five reasons the Seahawks waived Dwight Freeney WATCH
- Retired Alabama cop on Roy Moore: ‘We were also told to ... make sure that he didn’t hang around the cheerleaders’
- Jobs that pay without a B.A.: the most lucrative fields in Washington state
- A Washington syrah was named second best wine in the world
Police haven’t made any arrests. Brookhaven officials are investigating.