ROCHESTER, N.Y. (AP) — A New York man who killed a young mother when he shot into the wrong house has been convicted of murder.
Federal prosecutors say a jury also convicted 39-year-old Damion Colabatistto of drug and weapons charges Wednesday following a trial in Rochester.
Authorities say Colabatistto was an enforcer for a drug organization and was trying to kill a rival drug dealer in 2009 when he and another man fired multiple times into a Rochester house. Moesha Harmon, a 20-year-old mother of two, was killed.
The second shooter, Angelo Ocasio, was convicted in May.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- They relied on rapid COVID tests to gather safely; now some wish they hadn't
- New sequence of images shows Tonga volcano's devastation
- Cracker Barrel served a cleaning chemical to a customer; now the restaurant must pay him $9.3M
- How to find a quality mask (and avoid counterfeits)
- A hiker went camping despite warnings about severe winter weather. Six rescuers in snowshoes had to save him.
Prosecutors say the men were members of a violent drug organization that was responsible for numerous beatings and shootings and at least three other murders.