ROCHESTER, N.Y. (AP) — A New York man who killed a young mother when he shot into the wrong house has been convicted of murder.
Federal prosecutors say a jury also convicted 39-year-old Damion Colabatistto of drug and weapons charges Wednesday following a trial in Rochester.
Authorities say Colabatistto was an enforcer for a drug organization and was trying to kill a rival drug dealer in 2009 when he and another man fired multiple times into a Rochester house. Moesha Harmon, a 20-year-old mother of two, was killed.
The second shooter, Angelo Ocasio, was convicted in May.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- FEMA plans to test national alert system on Oct. 4
- ‘Victoria’s Secret Karen’ video: Lawsuits show what viewers didn’t see
- Human body found in the mouth of 14-foot Florida alligator
- David Brooks and the $78 airport meal the internet is talking about
- Atmospheric river, early-season bomb cyclone to hit Pacific Northwest
Prosecutors say the men were members of a violent drug organization that was responsible for numerous beatings and shootings and at least three other murders.