ALBANY, N.Y. (AP) — New York’s first family has a new first dog.
Democratic Gov. Andrew Cuomo introduced his new puppy Captain on Monday night at a meeting at the governor’s mansion with mayors from around the state.
The 14-week-old dog is a Siberian-shepherd mix, with some Malamute thrown in.
Cuomo says he wanted to name the dog Excelsior after the state motto but was outvoted by his daughters.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- America is at a low ebb, shaken by multiple blows, and Trump adds to the distress
- What is known about the White House's secret tunnels, bunker
- Medical examiner: Floyd's heart stopped while restrained
- Trump took shelter in White House bunker as protests raged
- DC Episcopal bishop: 'I am outraged' by Trump church visit
Captain isn’t the first animal to join the governor’s family. His longtime girlfriend, Food Network star Sandra Lee, has two white cockatoos named Phoenix and Halo.