POUGHKEEPSIE, N.Y. (AP) — Lottery officials say a New York couple has won $10 million on a scratch-off ticket, the single largest cash prize for scratch-off games in the state lottery’s history.
State officials say the winning ticket was purchased at a convenience store in Poughkeepsie (poh-KIHP’-see), about 70 miles north of New York City.
The New York State Gaming Commission says the ticket was part of the special 50th anniversary instant game, “$10,000,000 Cash.” The game’s tickets cost $30 each.
The winning couple’s names haven’t been released. Lottery officials will present the couple with an oversized prize check Thursday afternoon.
Most Read Stories
- ‘Suddenly there is a Confederate flag flying’ in Seattle’s Greenwood area – well, not quite
- Within minutes of each other, Washington state Senate and House agree to shield many of their records from the public
- Meteorologists expect up to an inch of snow Friday in Seattle as cold-weather records fall
- Enemy World War II fighter pilots told a tale of peril and reconciliation. Then there was the truth. | PNW Magazine VIEW
- Boomtown Seattle: Why we move here — and how we’re all in it together VIEW