POUGHKEEPSIE, N.Y. (AP) — Lottery officials say a New York couple has won $10 million on a scratch-off ticket, the single largest cash prize for scratch-off games in the state lottery’s history.
State officials say the winning ticket was purchased at a convenience store in Poughkeepsie (poh-KIHP’-see), about 70 miles north of New York City.
The New York State Gaming Commission says the ticket was part of the special 50th anniversary instant game, “$10,000,000 Cash.” The game’s tickets cost $30 each.
The winning couple’s names haven’t been released. Lottery officials will present the couple with an oversized prize check Thursday afternoon.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- White House attempts to clarify Trump's response to whether Russia is still targeting US elections
- Trump says Air Force One to get red, white and blue makeover
- Oregon wheat farmers try to stop fire that's consuming crops VIEW
- Tale of sex, deception emerges about suspected Russian agent
- In India, summer heat could soon be unbearable — literally