NEW TOWN, N.D. (AP) — A recent traffic stop in New Town led to the seizure of oxycodone pills valued at more than $115,000.
Three Affiliated Tribes drug enforcement officials say a New Town police officer pulled over Jorge Pitts of Southfield, Michigan, in the early morning hours of Jan. 25.
KMOT-TV reports that tribal and federal authorities say they discovered more than 1,600 oxycodone pills in the vehicle, along with a loaded semi-automatic handgun.
Pitts faces felony drug and weapon charges. Court documents don’t list an attorney for him. He could enter pleas during a March 1 hearing.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Homeless Samaritan tale raised $400K. Police say it's a lie
- Inmate's last words: 'Is it supposed to feel like that?'
- In Mississippi, GOP concern rises over U.S. Senate runoff
- CIA concludes Saudi crown prince ordered Khashoggi's assassination
- George Conway, husband of Trump aide, would rather 'move to Australia' than vote for president again
Information from: KFYR-TV, http://www.kfyrtv.com/