NEW TOWN, N.D. (AP) — A recent traffic stop in New Town led to the seizure of oxycodone pills valued at more than $115,000.
Three Affiliated Tribes drug enforcement officials say a New Town police officer pulled over Jorge Pitts of Southfield, Michigan, in the early morning hours of Jan. 25.
KMOT-TV reports that tribal and federal authorities say they discovered more than 1,600 oxycodone pills in the vehicle, along with a loaded semi-automatic handgun.
Pitts faces felony drug and weapon charges. Court documents don’t list an attorney for him. He could enter pleas during a March 1 hearing.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- John Cynn claims World Series of Poker title, wins $8.8M VIEW
- Trump's remarks about changing European culture draw ire WATCH
- Meet the brains behind the 'Trump Baby' balloon
- Arizona man arrested after trying to pull over troopers
- Man nabbed in wife's chain saw attack was deported 11 times
Information from: KFYR-TV, http://www.kfyrtv.com/