NEW TOWN, N.D. (AP) — A recent traffic stop in New Town led to the seizure of oxycodone pills valued at more than $115,000.
Three Affiliated Tribes drug enforcement officials say a New Town police officer pulled over Jorge Pitts of Southfield, Michigan, in the early morning hours of Jan. 25.
KMOT-TV reports that tribal and federal authorities say they discovered more than 1,600 oxycodone pills in the vehicle, along with a loaded semi-automatic handgun.
Pitts faces felony drug and weapon charges. Court documents don’t list an attorney for him. He could enter pleas during a March 1 hearing.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Cosby in cuffs: TV star gets 3 to 10 years for sex assault VIEW
- Kavanaugh’s yearbook page is ‘horrible, hurtful’ to a woman it named
- 'How'd you find me?': Kavanaugh friend Mark Judge has been holed up in a beach house amid media firestorm
- Archaeologists discover 'massive' ancient building in Egypt VIEW
- Mormon women’s group aims call for probe of Kavanaugh allegations at LDS senators
Information from: KFYR-TV, http://www.kfyrtv.com/