NEW TOWN, N.D. (AP) — A recent traffic stop in New Town led to the seizure of oxycodone pills valued at more than $115,000.
Three Affiliated Tribes drug enforcement officials say a New Town police officer pulled over Jorge Pitts of Southfield, Michigan, in the early morning hours of Jan. 25.
KMOT-TV reports that tribal and federal authorities say they discovered more than 1,600 oxycodone pills in the vehicle, along with a loaded semi-automatic handgun.
Pitts faces felony drug and weapon charges. Court documents don’t list an attorney for him. He could enter pleas during a March 1 hearing.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Boeing 787 flight reaches 801 mph as a furious jet stream packs record-breaking speeds
- Man's shooting-range wedding proposal was right on target
- California parents of 13 plead guilty to torture, abuse VIEW
- In war, as with California wildfires, heroism lives next to horror
- Fire deaths rise to 71 ahead of Trump's California visit WATCH
Information from: KFYR-TV, http://www.kfyrtv.com/