TOLEDO, Ohio (AP) — Toledo’s new mayor plans to celebrate his inauguration with events that include an inaugural ball, prayer service and a family fun day.
The Blade reports the celebration for incoming Democratic Mayor Wade Kapszukiewicz (KAP’-suh-kav’-ich) will take place Jan. 20 and 21.
The series of events is called “Our City Our Future,” and will begin with an inter-faith prayer service Jan. 20. An inaugural ball will be held later that day with live music and dancing. An event for young professionals will follow the ball.
The mayor’s family is hosting a Free Family Fun Day on Jan. 21 to close out the celebration.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- The man who stood behind Trump VIEW
- Fuller picture emerges of viral video encounter between Native American and Catholic students
- Trump says he'll give State of Union after shutdown ends VIEW
- Trump says he directed Sarah Sanders 'not to bother' with White House news briefings
- Trump wants to deliver State of Union next week as planned VIEW
Kapszukiewicz, the longtime Lucas County treasurer, defeated Democratic Mayor Paula Hicks-Hudson in November’s non-partisan general election. He was sworn in Jan. 2.
Information from: The Blade, http://www.toledoblade.com/