TOLEDO, Ohio (AP) — Toledo’s new mayor plans to celebrate his inauguration with events that include an inaugural ball, prayer service and a family fun day.
The Blade reports the celebration for incoming Democratic Mayor Wade Kapszukiewicz (KAP’-suh-kav’-ich) will take place Jan. 20 and 21.
The series of events is called “Our City Our Future,” and will begin with an inter-faith prayer service Jan. 20. An inaugural ball will be held later that day with live music and dancing. An event for young professionals will follow the ball.
The mayor’s family is hosting a Free Family Fun Day on Jan. 21 to close out the celebration.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- She moved to the opposite coast, but past catches up to Kavanaugh accuser
- As Senate hearing set for Kavanaugh, new accuser emerges VIEW
- Democrats know of second Kavanaugh accuser, New Yorker magazine reports
- Debunking 5 viral rumors about Christine Blasey Ford, Kavanaugh’s accuser
- Lindsey Graham: 'There's a bureaucratic coup going on' at FBI and Justice Department
Kapszukiewicz, the longtime Lucas County treasurer, defeated Democratic Mayor Paula Hicks-Hudson in November’s non-partisan general election. He was sworn in Jan. 2.
Information from: The Blade, http://www.toledoblade.com/