NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. (AP) — A high school student has been arrested on murder charges in the fatal stabbing of another high school student at a Dunkin’ Donuts in New Rochelle.
Police say 16-year-old Z’inah Brown, of Yonkers, turned herself in Thursday afternoon. Information on her lawyer wasn’t immediately available.
Police say the New Rochelle High School student is suspected of stabbing 16-year-old Valeree Schwab with a steak knife inside the Dunkin’ Donuts on North Avenue Wednesday afternoon. Schwab was taken to a hospital where she died.
Police tell The Journal News a series of altercations, including the use of pepper spray, between Schwab and a group of other teens culminated in the stabbing.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Alec Baldwin wonders whether Trump's 'SNL' attack poses 'a threat to my safety'
- Newspaper calls for KKK resurgence, schools rescind honors
- Smollett developments leave some baffled, others outraged
- Sen. Bernie Sanders says he's running for president in 2020 WATCH
- Intimidation, pressure and humiliation: Inside Trump’s two-year war on the investigations encircling him VIEW
Police say they have surveillance video, but declined to release it.
Information from: The Journal News, http://www.lohud.com